Friday, June 13, 2008

Best Purchase I Made All Year


That's right! I picked up this instructional DVD in late winter and couldn't believe the value for the money. For a mere $29.95 (less than the cost of a class) I got a 2+ hour video that I can watch again and again (and I have watched it again and again.) Patsy gives great tips and she demonstrates (on a domestic sewing machine, not a long arm) how to stitch 29 different designs, which she divides into families. She explains things in a way that makes it easy to duplicate her designs, in most cases, without marking anything on the fabric. I chose Fast and Free! - Volume 2 because I already knew the basics of machine quilting and had mastered stippling and meandering. I was looking for more creative alternatives for overall and background quilting designs. My machine quilting on my Bernina Artista 730 has improved as a result of watching this DVD . If you are a beginner to machine quilting I would suggest Volume 1. I have also seen Free Motion Fun with Vines & Leaves! Equally good. My next purchase will be Free Motion Fun with Feathers! We carry all four of these DVDs in the store. They are only $29.95 each, so give us a call and we will gladly send one (or all) to you. Our phone number is 952-934-5307. Or, email us, sampler@qwestoffice.net.
Wendy Fedie, Bernina Department Manager

2 comments:

Lori Allison said...

Wow; great post!

Trudy Wasson said...

I also have Patsy Thompson's DVD's and think they are great. She does a nice job demonstrating and has many interesting ideas. Any one who is interested in free motion quilting would enjoy her presentations.
Trudy Wasson
GENERATIONS Quilt Patterns